For most people living in the UK, the question of what income and gains should be included on their tax return is an easily answered question because they are both UK-domiciled and UK tax resident.

Anyone domiciled and resident in the UK needs to report their worldwide income and capital gains on their return. However, what happens if you are either non-UK domiciled but UK resident, or UK-domiciled but non-UK resident? In these circumstances, different rules apply.

Read our article to see how your status affects how much UK tax you pay.